One of my new year resolutions this year is to wear makeup more often. The annoying problem that I have is that I horde too much makeup but very often, I’m so lazy, I skip many important steps in the makeup regime, especially on a work day (when I’d rather sacrifice my appearance for more sleep).
This is one of my recent attempts at makeup for work:
This has more or less become my “standard face” at work, because it goes with almost any getup and takes me very little time to complete. If I include my skincare regime in the morning, all I take is just 20-30 minutes at my vanity table to get myself prepared.
These are what I used:
- Make Up For Ever Step1 Hydrating Primer
- Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush in 410 Blush Coral
- Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Liner
- One of my Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara in Black
- One of my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks
Time-saving tips for work makeup
- Stick to the same basic products and put them in a container that you can reach out to easily. For me, I have my primer, foundation, blusher, eyeliner and mascara in a box that is easily accessible on my vanity table. I only change up my eyeshadow and lipstick colours every day (occasionally, blusher shade too)
- I find BB cushions the most convenient foundation to use if you want to save time. Unlike usual liquid foundations where you need to either apply with your fingers (and dirtying them, hence, needing to spend time to wash them out), BB cushions also deliver a dewy finish that’s not messy because it comes with a sponge, and its formula contained within a compact case.
- If you’re really rushing for time, skip eyeliner and go for a really good mascara instead. A good mascara that volumises your lashes well, is going to give the look of lined lash lines too. I really like the Make Up For Ever mascara that I’m using now because it is smudge-proof and gives very good volume.
- While it is tempting, don’t skip eyeshadow and lipstick. I think they really help to perk up the face and make me look more energetic than I feel. To save time, use an earth toned eyeshadow with shimmer. I find shimmer eyeshadows easier to blend and earth colours can always complement anything I’m wearing.
You’ll probably notice that I’m using a lot of Make Up For Ever products (yes, I absolutely love them!) and they’re available at Sephora and the Make Up For Ever Academy & Pro-loft located at 36 & 38 Armenian Street #01-06 & #02-06. If you prefer the convenience of online shopping, Make Up For Ever products are also available on Zalora.