Keith and I have set Fridays as “date nights”. Every Friday, we are supposed to spend time together, without doing work or household chores.
I was expecting us to do this:
In other words, hang out, eat, laugh out loud.
But in reality, this is what Fri-dates are looking like:
After having dinner, we end up in front of the TV, watching Bluray DVDs.
I’m not complaining, though. Because watching DVDs at home is wayyyy better than hitting the cinemas, at least to me.
1. I get to watch movies from my super comfy sofa, an experience that you can only get if you pay for a pricier ticket at the cinema.
2. I can do movie marathons if I wish. I can have any snacks and foods I wish to have while watching the movie.
3. I can pause the movie if I wish to go to the toilet or get more snacks.
4. No annoying people who can’t stop talking or can’t turn off their phones.
5. And finally, I can talk as loudly as I wish, discussing about the storyline.
What’s more, at home, I can enjoy a very similar cinematic experience, thanks to my new Pioneer Home Entertainment System, which was my wedding/house-warming gift from Pioneer.
We took a video of how it sounds. It’s a lot better in real life, of course. This clip is from Tron.
And thanks to the woofer that comes with the system, I can literally “feel” the cannons from Les Miserables and gun shots from Taken 2.
This is why I don’t mind staying home for Fri-dates.
I’m planning to rent the entire eight films from the Harry Potter franchise and watch them over a few days. Maybe we should do it over the Chinese New Year holidays.
No need to go out anymore. Heh heh.