So I’ve been tagged by Jade and I’m responding!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It’s wavy. SUPER, DUPER wavy. I used to get it straightened when I was in university. And then one day, I decided to chop them off and go with short hair instead. And then my friends all thought that I curled and cut my hair. Anyway, it used to be curlier when I was in school, but somehow become easier to manage as I grow older (could be because I’m more conscientious with hair care now). For illustration’s sake, here’s a photo of my hair back in 2007.
2. What’s your natural hair colour?
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
The only time I tried dyeing it myself it didn’t work out (could be the product’s problem). Anyway, it’s salon for me, most of the time.
4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it?
I like to braid my fringe sometimes, or put my hair into a bun or ponytail. Sometimes a hair clip or hair band. Nothing drastic though.
5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
DIY, most of the time.
6. How often do you change your nail polish?
Not so often! Only when the mood strikes I guess. I’m not much of a nail-phile.
7. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Also only when the mood strikes. But rarely.
8. How long does it take for you to put on your makeup?
It depends on where I’m heading to, I guess. On work days when I have no events or appointments, I pretty much slap on tinted sunscreen and that’s about it. And on days I feel like dolling up a bit more for work, it’s just foundation, blusher, brows, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm (10 minutes). If I decided to go with eyeshadow, then it’s about 15 minutes. And then if I’m going somewhere when I decided I need to look like the belle of the ball, I can take around 30 minutes to include highlighting and contouring, concealing, nicer eyeshadow, lipstick…
9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
It depends too. If it’s a complex eye makeup, I prefer doing eye first, so I can set the tone for the rest of the makeup, and also make sure I can conceal whatever falls from the eyes. Otherwise, it’s face first.
10. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I just buy what I need. Although I’m a beauty junkie, I’m also a thrifty one. I’m also not an impulse buyer (those who shop with me would probably know). I guess getting access to media drops and sponsorships help with the non-shopping too. I actually tend to buy more clothes and shoes than I do makeup.
11. How often do you wear false eye lashes?
Only when I’m going for an important occasion where I know I have to look my best in photos.
12. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
See answer for question 8.
13. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone, or with family?
I don’t even wear makeup when I go to work sometimes, haha!
14. Will you leave the house without makeup?
15. How many high-end products do you have?
Actually quite a lot. Unintentionally so, but I probably own more luxury brands than I do drugstore brands. On my dresser now, I have SK-II (my regime consists mainly of products from the brand), Chanel (for my makeup), an occasional Dior, a few Lancome…
16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I don’t plan unless it’s a big occasion, e.g. when I have to host an event, or meet someone important.
17. How often do you change your handbag?
Once every few months for my work bag? I use different bags on weekends.
18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?
I wake at 8am, sleep at around 1am. Sometimes later.
19. How often or when do you work out?
When Keith forces me to. I do crunches and leg lifts before I sleep – does that count?
20. Left handed or right-handed?
21. How tall are you?
I’m very tall. By Starbucks standards (because my friends are grande and venti).
22. Do you speak a foreign language?
I passed Japanese language at O Levels.
23. How many pets do you have?
Does my Garfield plush count? Nah, none. Lots of pet peeves, though.
24. How often are you on Blogger (or your other blog platform)?
I’m on WordPress. And I almost never obsess over my stats anymore, so I’m only on it once a week to do up my entries for the week.
25. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes! But only if it’s a topic that I’m interested in and want to know what people think.
26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
27. How did you come up with your blog name?
My initial choice of was Beauty Duty (you know, doing my “duty” of scrutinising products?) but it was taken, so I went with another -ty word instead. Somehow “Sorority” came to mind because it means “sisterhood”, which I thought is quite apt too. Anyway, you know I now have a new beauty platform called “Daily Vanity“, which Keith and I came up with on one random evening. We’ve got a giveaway on Daily Vanity now by the way, so go check us out.
28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I use Canon Powershot SX230 and very often, my phone, the HTC One X, which has an awesome camera.
29. How often do you clean your house?
When my mum nags or before Chinese New Year (also when my mum will nag).
30. What is your favourite colour?
I go through phases. Previously, it was mustard. Now it’s emerald. I am beginning to gear towards pinkish nude shades these days.
31. Do you swear?
As much as the next editor.
32. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Work on the articles for Daily Vanity. Maybe go for dinner with my boyfriend.
I don’t feel like tagging anyone. Why not do it because you want to! Buzz me if you are so I can read it 🙂